Maryland Dangerous Product Lawyer
The Consumer Product Safety Commission reports over 22,000 deaths and 29 million injuries related to consumer products each year. Annually, consumer products cause more than $500 billion in deaths, injuries and property damage. The types of unsafe or faulty products causing harm each year include defective industrial equipment, faulty medical devices, pharmaceutical drugs and unsafe motorized equipment.
The Abelson Personal Injury Law Firm, represents individuals and the families of individuals who have been seriously injured or killed by unsafe products. Our lawyer frequently hear of product recalls because of safety and design issues in motor vehicles, children’s toys – even the food we eat.
“Product liability“ claims allow victims to recover compensation from the manufacturer, seller or distributor of a defective product. In order for a product to give rise to liability claims the product must be deemed defective. There are three product defects that can classify a product as defective: a manufacturing defect, a design defect, and an inadequate warning defect.
If you were injured by a dangerous product, or if a loved one was seriously injured or killed by a dangerously defective product, it is possible the same product or device has harmed other consumers. ”Product liability” cases may include:
- Automotive defects. Design defects that cause air bag injuries; car fires; defective seat belts; defective car doors and SUV rollovers.
- Defective tires. Poor materials or manufacturing processes that result in tire blowouts or tire recalls.
- Unsafe baby equipment. These include car seats; swings; cribs and playpens.
- Mechanical equipment. Conveyor belts, elevators, saws, sanders, lathe machines, boilers, forklifts, bulldozers, valves, and other defective machines and equipment that does not function properly.
- Defective tools. Such as saws, sanders and lathes that do not function properly.
- Defective safety equipment. Unsafe filtration systems that cause asbestos, silicosis, welding rod claims, and other life-threatening health hazards.
- Defective appliances.
When a defective product has caused a permanent disabling injury, our goal is to provide our client with the funds necessary to make up for the inability to work, as well as funds necessary to pay for long-term medical care needs.
Members of the immediate family often suffer as well, both financially and emotionally. In the event of a catastrophic injury or death, families feel as though the fabric of their lives has been suddenly ripped apart.
At The Abelson Personal Injury Law Firm, we always strive to ensure that the proceeds from any case will be used as intended, i.e. to provide our clients with the necessary health care, maintenance and support. In doing so, we utilize the services of a board-certified physician and other health care providers, vocational counselors, and professional life care planners.
The Washington DC lawyer at The Abelson Personal Injury Law Firm, have substantial experience handling defective products and product liability cases. If you or a family member has been injured by a dangerously defective product, please contact us online for a free consultation.