Catastrophic Injuries Attorney in Washington DC
Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Seriously Injured Victims Throughout the Washington Metro Area
If you’ve been in a serious accident in the Washington metro area, you may have suffered catastrophic injuries as a result. These injuries not only cause physical pain, they can lead to long-term medical conditions such as brain damage or injuries to the nervous system or other vital bodily functions.
You might even have a permanent disability or shortened life expectancy due to the accident.
These types of injuries may make it difficult to live the life you are used to living and affect your ability to work and earn money.
If your serious personal injury or catastrophic injuries are the result of someone else’s negligence, The Abelson Law Firm, is here to assist you. We have the compassion and experience to help you seek justice for your injuries.
How Were You Injured?
Life-altering, catastrophic injuries can happen as a result of many types of serious accidents, including:
- Car accidents, including those that involve pedestrians.
- Accidents caused by defective products.
- Motorcycle and bicycle accidents.
- Truck accidents.
- Medical malpractice.
- Chiropractic malpractice.
- Birth injuries.
- Slip and Falls.
Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Many catastrophic injuries can hinder your ability to work for a living, or even take care of normal daily activities. These injuries include:
- Brain injuries – A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can cause permanent damage, affecting your cognitive abilities, often in unpredictable ways.
- Organ damage – Internalorgans can be damaged by the accident itself or by complications after the accident. The damage puts your health at risk and can affect your daily functions.
- Burns – Burns can be especially devastating, with tremendous pain and infection risk. These injuries might require a number of surgeries, lengthening your recovery. Some victims face lifelong disfigurement and disability.
- Spinal cord injuries, paraplegia and quadriplegia – Injuries along the spinal cord can cause loss of function and extreme pain. Paralysis is also possible, including paraplegia, (partial or total paralysis of the lower body or legs)and quadriplegia (total or partial paralysis of all four limbs, also called tetraplegia).
- Loss of vision, hearing or speech – If you become deaf, blind or lose the ability to speak, you may need extensive therapy to adjust to your new reality and may have to adjust how you make your living.
- Permanent disfigurement – Severe disfigurement can impact your ability to return to work or live a normal life. You may also need several painful and costly surgeries because of the disfigurement.
- Loss of limbs – Losing an arm or leg will mean lengthy therapy and long-term care as you adjust to new functions or a prosthesis.
These and other types of catastrophic injuries often mean a long road to recovery, with painful rehabilitation and long-term care needs at a time when you might not be able to work.
When you are trying to recover physically, you shouldn’t have to worry about how to pay the bills. The Abelson Law Firm, can help you if you have been the victim of someone else’s negligence in Washington, DC or the surrounding metro area.
Free Consultation With Our Lead Attorney
Schedule your free consultation today to learn more about your rights as an accident victim and about how we can assist you in recovering the maximum compensation you deserve. Call us now or fill out our online contact form.