Personal Injury Attorney in Washington DC
Sophisticated Representation in Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice Cases for the Greater Washington DC Area, and Maryland
Attorney Michael A. Abelson seeks justice and money damages for clients injured by the negligence or wrongdoing of other people and corporations. Mr. Abelson has more than 40 years of experience in highly complex personal injury cases ranging from motor vehicle crashes, medical malpractice, and defectively dangerous products to medication errors, high-rise scaffolding injuries and other challenging areas of personal injury practice.
Attorney Abelson evaluates and pursues fair compensation for individuals injured in cases involving:
- Car accidents: From multi-car intersection crashes, to highway accidents, to pedestrian and bicycle accidents, Mr. Abelson capably represents victims of car accidents.
- Truck accidents: Mr. Abelson is experienced in working with accident reconstruction experts and mechanical engineers. These and other appropriate experts examine the evidence and provide insightful testimony about the conditions that caused or contributed to the accident.
- Medical malpractice: Mr. Abelson has successfully represented clients in cases involving birth injuries, surgical errors and omissions, failure to timely diagnose cancer, medication errors, and other forms of medical negligence.
- Chiropractic malpractice: A pioneer in the field of chiropractic malpractice, attorney Abelson has successfully represented clients injured by negligent chiropractors nationwide. Mr. Abelson is respected for his work on behalf of individuals and the families of loved ones who suffered carotid and vertebral artery dissection, leading to strokes or death following chiropractic neck adjustments.
- Product liability: Attorney Abelson was first inspired to practice product liability law after learning of defective toys that seriously injured infants and children in both book Toys that Don’t Care. Mr. Abelson has since represented clients in cases involving defective children’s products, dangerous motor vehicles, defective consumer products, manufacturing machinery, industrial and construction equipment, and other dangerously defective products.
- Catastrophic injuries: Cases involving brain injury, spinal cord injury and other life-altering injuries require thoughtful and effective legal representation. Mr. Abelson works with certified life-care planners and economists to identify and value your current and future accident-related needs. This approach offers peace of mind and a better quality of life for people living with catastrophic injuries.
- Wrongful death: Following the wrongful death of a loved one, you may need to take legal action to survive financially. Wrongful death lawsuits can also help prevent other people from suffering tragedies similar to the one that you and your family may have experienced. Large verdicts and settlements encourage people and corporations to behave more responsibly in the future.
- Scaffolding accidents: Mr. Abelson is highly regarded for his success in cases involving window washers and other exterior building maintenance workers injured in falls from high-rise scaffolds. These cases require expert analysis of the cause of the accident and thorough exploration of all safety and regulatory violations.
- Construction accidents: Attorney Michael Abelson pursues compensation for clients injured in accidents involving heavy equipment, ladders, forklifts, falls from heights, falls into holes, electrocution, defective equipment, poorly maintained construction sites, trench collapses, and more.
- Premises liability: Property owners must keep their properties safe, whether the property is a retail store, a restaurant, or a private home.
Contact a Washington DC Personal Injury Lawyer
To arrange a free initial consultation about your case, please contact The Abelson Law Firm. Drawing upon four decades of legal experience, Mr. Abelson will assess your case. You will learn whether you have an actionable personal injury claim.
The Abelson Law Firm seeks justice and fair monetary compensation for injured people in Washington DC, Suburban Washington DC and Maryland. Mr. Abelson associates with other lawyers and law firms to help injury victims throughout the country.